Chicken Cordon Blue is a childhood favorite. Very simple and the chicken comes out very juicy! It is normally made with Swiss cheese but I do not like it so I used provolone-mozzarella cheese. Sooo Good. I also served this with some sauteed Broccoli.
- Here’s what you’ll need….
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 4 slices of cheese- I used Provolone-Mozzarella or you can you use Swiss
- 4 slices of deli ham
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- toothpicks (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lay out the pounded chicken breasts on a clean surface. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a slice of ham on each piece, then one slice of cheese.
- Roll the chicken up around the cheese and ham, and secure with toothpicks.
- Dip each roll in melted butter, then roll in bread crumbs.
- Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is browned and juices run clear.